Vision, Mission, Values
We believe in a society where every young person – regardless of their background or needs – believes in themselves, their abilities and is supported to achieve their full potential. Fashion has a huge role to play in this – it signifies how people define themselves and influence others. Fashion should be accessible to all and we strive to influence the fashion industry to ensure better disability representation and inclusivity – from the clothes themselves to accessible shopping environments.
To create scalable social change through adaptive fashion: promoting independence, body confidence and improved self-esteem for young disabled adults.
For young disabled adults, we aim to:
- Provide a fun, creative programme enabling young disabled adults to develop and express their own sense of style with confidence;
- Support the development of independent living skills including decision making, communication and personal care;
- Improve wellbeing through access to comfortable and appropriate clothing allowing them to maintain dignity in the clothes they wear; and
- Reduce bullying and social exclusion.
For parents and carers, we aim to:
- Provide an enriching programme which teaches new skills for adapting clothing for their child’s needs; and
- Create a supportive community which shares tips and advice for adapting clothing.
For society, we aim to:
- Engage the next generation of fashion designers through volunteering opportunities to improve disability awareness; and
- Advocate high street retailers, shopping centres and the fashion industry to make fashion accessible right across the spectrum – from the clothes themselves to accessible shopping environments – looking at both physical and mental needs.
Our values define the way we work and everything we do:
- Inclusive – our programme is open to all, whatever their disability.
- Positive – we believe in and support every young person we work with.
- Responsive – we listen and learn – each programme is unique to the individuals participating.
- Stylish and modern – always on trend and always challenging ourselves to be forward thinking.
- Innovative and creative – to always think differently and be creative!